CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thakoon for Target

First Halle Berry and her Target publicity and now Thakoon for Target. Target is massive right now {laughs...} I could get used to this place people.. Anyway, in October Target announced that Thakoon is creating a line for the budget retailer to be released Christmas Day 2008. Yowza! I wont mind receiving a gift the day after. I love and respect Thakoon Panichgul. I remember when he was an editior for one of my favorite magazines Harpers BAZAAR.Thakoon Panichgul told WWD that “[Target was] very easy to work with. They wanted a lot of prints, and I chose silhouettes that have done well in the past.” I saw a sneak peak of the collection I thought hmm... not so much apparel for Winter although I love all the prints but they're more so for Spring/Summer.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



I honestly do not appreciate when powerful fashion houses create these more affordable lines it kind of seems contradictive to me. Your original line features pieces that price well over $1000 for a blouse, then suddenly your lesser more affordable line can retail a dress for $49.99,just seems weird like my question is..." Who is your Target Market"???? because now Im confused..
But yet again I find myself "SOLD" when really I should be saving for my 'Kelly' bag sheeesh Oh Well..!! And my advisory to other consumers::Please if you purchase these fabulous threads on Christmas day; do me the favor of saving these garments for about April May. These loud prints are just NOT for winter scenery.. Thanks

0 comments: